What Is Shale inhibitor
Our portfolio of specially engineered additives is designed to inhibit reactive shales in water-base and oil-base drilling systems and reservoir drill-in fluids. Our shale inhibitors are designed to enhance drillability while maintaining low toxicity for environmental acceptability. A stable wellbore results in more efficient drilling and reduced non-productive time (NPT). Our shale control products include: ONE-SHIELD, ASPHASOL/NATURAL SULFUNATED ASPHALT and AQUA-SHIELD .
At our production centre we have the flexibility to filter and add to the products to cater for customer requirements.
ONE-SHIELD is all in one drilling fluid additive designed for companies who are active in drilling oil and gas wells. ONE-SHIELD is designed to work in all type of muds such as Water Base Muds (WBM), Oil Base Mud (OBM) and Synthetic Base Mud (SBM). Therefore, it does not matter what would be the Mud type.
ONE-SHIELD is the only drilling fluid additive that provides all of these benefits:
- Controls fluid loss and seepage
- Stabilizes shales
- Prevents lost circulation
- Strengthens the wellbore to increase wellbore stability
- Minimizes differential sticking
- Promotes effective filter cake development
- Performs in oil- and water-based drilling muds
- Performs in HP/HT environments
- Increase lubricity
- Minimizes HSE risks
ONE-SHIELD prevents formation damage
ONE-SHIELD forms a physical and chemical bond with permeable formations, creating an effective seal to prevent the passage of drilling fluid. By uniquely functioning as both a malleable and solid plugging agent, ONE-SHIELD controls fluid loss and seepage, prevents lost circulation and protects reactive and low-reactive shale surfaces, even at elevated bottom hole temperatures. HPHT Environment HP/HT wells, shales and under pressured zones requires specialized drilling fluids and wellbore-strengthening techniques. Adding ONE-SHIELD to an OBM, SBM or WBM strengthens the well by:
- Reducing pore pressure transmission and sealing micro-fractures in shale and low-porosity sands
- Keeping interbedding formations intact
- Developing effective filter cake
- Providing a “smear effect” that creates a continuous protective sealant along the wellbore wall