Shale inhibitor – Khavaran Paraffin
Our portfolio of specially engineered additives is designed to inhibit reactive shales in water-base and oil-base drilling systems and reservoir drill-in fluids.
Our shale inhibitors are designed to enhance drillability while maintaining low toxicity for environmental acceptability.
A stable wellbore results in more efficient drilling and reduced non-productive time (NPT). Our shale control products include: CY-SHIELD, ASPHASOL/NATURAL SULFUNATED ASPHALT and AQUA-SHIELD .
CY-SHIELD is all in one drilling fluid additive designed for companies who are active in drilling oil and gas wells. CY-SHIELD is designed to work in all type of muds such as Water Base Muds (WBM), Oil Base Mud (OBM) and Synthetic Base Mud (SBM). Therefore, it does not matter what would be the Mud type.
CY-SHIELD is the only drilling fluid additive that provides all of these benefits:
- Controls fluid loss and seepage
- Stabilizes shales
- Prevents lost circulation
- Strengthens the wellbore to increase wellbore stability
- Minimizes differential sticking
- Promotes effective filter cake development
- Performs in oil- and water-based drilling muds
- Performs in HP/HT environments
- Increase lubricity
- Minimizes HSE risks
CY-SHIELD prevents formation damage
CY-SHIELD forms a physical and chemical bond with permeable formations, creating an effective seal to prevent the passage of drilling fluid. By uniquely functioning as both a malleable and solid plugging agent, CY-SHIELD controls fluid loss and seepage, prevents lost circulation and protects reactive and low-reactive shale surfaces, even at elevated bottom hole temperatures.
HP/HT wells, shales and under pressured zones requires specialized drilling fluids and wellbore-strengthening techniques. Adding CY-SHIELD to an OBM, SBM or WBM strengthens the well by:
- Reducing pore pressure transmission and sealing micro-fractures in shale and low-porosity sands
- Keeping interbedding formations intact
- Developing effective filter cake
- Providing a “smear effect” that creates a continuous protective sealant along the wellbore wall
AQUA Shield MSDS
When encountering shale during drilling operations, water in the drilling fluid may interact with the clay materials within the formation, causing the shale to swell.
This can lead to instability in the wellbore, and dispersion of shale into the drilling fluid (sloughing), eventually leading to hole washout.
Aqua-Shield inhibit the shale from hydrating, lower the probability of bit balling, and can provide improved lubricity and friction reduction.
AQUA Shield MSDS
AsphAsol/Natural sulfonated Asphalt
shale inhibitor is a partially water-soluble, sulfonated organic material developed for use in most water-base drilling fluids.
• stabilizing shale sections,
• controlling solids dispersion
• improving wall-cake characteristics.
• high-temperature fluid-loss additive for water-base drilling fluid systems.
• contains no surfactants
Evaluation of Sulfonated Asphalt
MSDS Natural Sulfonated Asphalt/AsphAsol