Wax emulsion is used in woodworking industry to protect wood boards (Particle Board, MDF, OSB) from water. Wax emulsion has anti-dust effect which is important while boards are sawing up or grinding. Application of wax emulsion makes the plate surface smoother and softer which more than twofold increases the operating time of the grinding belt.
Small particle size (about 1-5 micron) contributes to better paraffin wax penetration into the wood fibre and provides more efficient hydrophobization.
At our production centre we have the flexibility to filter and add to the products to cater for customer requirements.
Wax Emulsion Packing Formats
Wax emulsion can be supplied in bulk and/or brand new iron drums.
Wax Emulsion Quality Control
Khavaran Paraffin Co. guaranty’s the quality of paraffin wax. We welcome our customers to arrange of an international inspector/s such as SGS to check quality and quantity paraffin wax during the production and loading. Alternatively, we can arrange such a service upon request.
In addition some advantages wax emulsion over melted paraffin should be noted:
- Small particle size (about 1-5 micron) contributes to better paraffin wax penetration into the wood fibre and provides more efficient hydrophobization.
- Wax emulsions mix well with the melamine- and carbamide-based resins. Wax emulsion acts as a water-repelling agent during the hot pressing of plates. The wax emulsion decomposes and melted paraffin wax hydrophobizates the wood plate. Application of special emulsifiers leads to the decomposition of emulsion even before the bending agent becomes hardened which therefore strengthens the waterproof properties of plates.
- Simple method of application cause wax emulsion is liquid.
- No storage expenses – the storage temperature of the wax emulsion is 5-30°C, while for the melted paraffin wax is over 60°C.
- No transportation expenses – in case of using the wax emulsion it isn’t necessary to heat the piping, as no “freezing” occurs inside the pipes.
- Wax emulsions are not fire-hazardous; therefore no fire risk or trauma risk could be caused by its appliance, while such risks could occur in case of applying hot melted paraffin wax.
- Application of the wax emulsion leads to the 10-20% reduction of resins without any worsening of the physico-chemical properties of the plates.